Date(s) - 10/09/2017
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
The Tennessee Theatre
The Campus Events Board is proud to present multifaceted performer Leslie Odom, Jr. Live at the Tennessee Theatre on Monday, October 9th! Odom, Jr. has most recently been seen in the blockbuster Broadway musical Hamilton, for which he won the Tony Award for Best Leading Actor in a Musical for the role of “Aaron Burr.”
Leslie Odom, Jr. will be speaking and performing songs from Hamilton.
Tickets will go on sale on Friday, September 15th at 10AM.
Opted-In UT Student Tickets are $5 + applicable fees
General Public Tickets range from $30-$50 + applicable fees
Important Opted-In Student Ticket Purchasing Information
- Opted-In Student tickets will be available to purchase from the Central Ticket Office in Greve Hall on a first come, first serve basis, while supplies last. (Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM) *ticket sales begin at 10AM on Friday, September 15th
- This event is funded by the Student Programs and Services Fee. Only students who chose Option One are eligible for the $5 student tickets (Student IDs will be scanned prior to purchasing to confirm your selection) limit 1 ticket at the opted-in price per student.
- Credit or Debit ONLY (no cash, check, etc.) at the Central Ticket Office.
- All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges unless otherwise noted. In the event that a performance cancels or postpones, the Tennessee Theatre Box Office staff will notify you as to the options that are available.
- Up to 4 opted-in tickets can be purchased next to each other, however all 4 students must be opted-in and PRESENT at the Central Ticket Office (with their Student IDs) at the time of purchase
- Payment cannot be split up, so tickets purchased in a group will have to be charged to the same credit or debit card
- Students will receive a confirmation number with their purchase and will receive their tickets via email within 2-3 business days
Important General Public Ticket Purchasing Information
- Students who chose Option Two and the general public can purchase tickets through the Tennessee Theatre website or in person at the Tennessee Theatre Box Office.
- Click Here to Purchase Tickets
He is a Grammy Award winner as a principal soloist on Hamilton’s Original Broadway Cast Recording, which won the 2015 award for Best Musical Theater Album.
Odom, Jr. originated the role of “Burr” in a sold-out run at The Public Theater in 2015, earning a Drama Desk Award nomination for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical and a Lucille Lortel Award nomination for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Musical.
Odom, Jr. made his Broadway debut at the age of 17 in Rent, before heading to Carnegie Mellon University’s prestigious School of Drama, where he graduated with honors. He is the recipient of a 2002 Princess Grace Award for Acting, which is dedicated to identifying emerging talent in theater, dance and film.
Additional theatre credits include Leap of Faith on Broadway, for which he won the 2012 Astaire Award for Outstanding Male Dancer on Broadway and was nominated for a Drama League Award; the 2014 musical Venice, which also played at The Public Theater; and the Encores! Off-Center production of Tick, Tick… Boom! which was his first time working with Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda.
On the small screen, Odom, Jr. is best-known for his portrayal of “Sam Strickland” in the NBC musical series “Smash,” and his recurring role as “Reverend Curtis Scott” on “Law & Order: SVU.” He’s also appeared in episodes of “Gotham,” “Person of Interest,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “House of Lies,” “Vanished” and “CSI: Miami.” On the big screen he starred in the 2012 film Red Tails opposite Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding, Jr. and David Oyelowo.
As a recording artist, his self-titled debut album was part-funded by a successful Kickstarter campaign which raised $40,971. The album was released in 2014 by Borderlight Entertainment, Inc. He released the holiday album, Simply Christmas, in late 2016.
Odom, Jr. was raised in Philadelphia, and currently resides in New York City.