Skip to content

Room/Venue Reservation Requests

In order to reserve a room, you must be a registered student organization. Organizations that are in the process of becoming registered, may make up to 5 reservations for “interest meetings” only before becoming officially registered.

Student Organizations who are in the process of becoming officially recognized are able to pass out information via the Fast Track Solicitation Request on Pedestrian Walkway. Request the space that you want to reserve by following the instructions listed for the specific space below.

Note: Some facilities pose accessibility challenges, such as the Panhellenic Building. Please consider those with physical disabilities when planning your meetings and events.

Information reflects letter sent to Registered Student Organizations on 1/22/2016

  • Academic Classrooms (HSS, Art & Architecture, Ayres Hall Classrooms, HPER Classrooms, etc.)
    • Call Gail Mills (Room Scheduling) with the Office of the University Registrar at (865) 974-1306
    • Classroom Search
  • Alumni Memorial Building
    • Contact the Student Union Event Services at 865-974-3451
    • After confirming availability, you must submit a Reservation Request Form before final approval
    • Charges and fees may apply
  • Dunford Hall
  • Ellington Plant Sciences- Hollingsworth Auditorium
  • Ferris & Perkins Engineering Quad
    • Contact Kay Ailor with any questions
    • Space is reserved via the Solicitation/Event Request Form
  • RecSports Facilities  (TRecs, Student Aquatic Center, Bubble, HPER Courts)
    • Online Form 
      • Click on “My RecSports Login”
      • Sign in to your online account using your UT username and password
      • Once you are on your account page, select the “Facilities” tab from the top toolbar
      • Select the “View Facility Calendar” to ensure that the space and date is available for your reservation
      • After checking that the space/date is open, select the “Reserve a Facility” tab
      • Fill out the appropriate fields and submit
      • You will receive a confirmation email upon submitting
    • Call (865) 974-0492
    • Events may require a Solicitation/ Event Request be submitted for final approval
  • Sorority Village Center Multipurpose Room
    • Call (865) 974-6604
  • Student Union Plaza
    • To inquire about reserving the plaza, contact the Student Union Event Services by calling 865-974-3451
    • A total of 13 tables can be placed along the grass between the Student Union Phase 1 and the Haslam College of Business.  To prevent egress issues, groups can only be up to 6 feet away from the grass area.  Additionally, groups are not able to move onto the Pedestrian Bridge.  No Tents are able to be used in the area. Tables can be rented from Facility Services.
  • University Housing
    • To inquire about event/meeting space available:
    • Kathy Morgan ( 974-4201: Brown; Humes – Courtyard; Morrill; North Carrick; Reese; South Carrick
    • Amy Bruner ( 974-2451: Clement; Hess – Courtyard; Laurel; Massey; Greve – Courtyard; Volunteer
    • All the outdoor courtyards by the halls can be reserved by the Solicitation/ Event Request.
  • UT Gardens
    • If you have any questions regarding educational programming, special events, weddings, or garden rentals email or call 865-974-715

An approved Solicitation/Event Request is required for all student sponsored events or events which use facilities and/or outdoor spaces coordinated by units in the Division of Student Life.

Information on Solicitation/Event Requests can be found on the Solicitation & Event Requests page.

For questions and/or assistance in the Solicitation/ Event Request Process, contact and/or 865-974-5455


The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.