How to Submit an Event Request
- Reserve a room/venue on campus. See the Room Reservation Requests page for all reservable spaces and contact information for that space.
- Review and gather the required information prior to submitting the event request.
- Submit a Solicitation/Event Request
- Track a Solicitation/Event Request
Process and Timelines
An approved Solicitation/Event Request is required for all student organization, university office/department events on outdoor spaces on campus. A request to reserve outdoor space must be submitted via the Solicitation/Event Request.
Request timeframes are as follows:
- A Solicitation/Event request must be made seven (7) business days in advance of the event or it will not be approved.
- A Solicitation/Event Request for Information Distribution on Pedestrian Walkway must be made three (3) business days in advance of the event.
Notification of the Center for Student Engagement approval or rejection of the request will be sent to the requestor via email. Information Distribution can be described as passing out information for an event, an organization, initiative, etc. Information Distribution can be done via the Fast Track Form on Pedestrian Walkway.
Students, Faculty, and/or, Staff wishing to distribute literature on campus are able to do so freely. Individual buildings on campus may have opposing policies. Places such as Pedestrian Walkway is an area where students, faculty, and/or, staff are able to distribute literature. To pass out literature, a university affiliated group is not required to submit an Event/Solicitation Form. An Event/Solicitation Request will need to be submitted if the group is passing out materials other than literature or selling materials.
People or groups not affiliated with the University of Tennessee are required to be hosted onto campus by a student organization, student, faculty, and/or, staff. The entity hosting the unaffiliated person(s) or group will be required to submit an Event/Solicitation Form. Forms must be submitted at least 3 business days for Pedestrian Walkway or 7 business days for any other locations on campus.
- Parking and Transit Services provides Special Parking Requests (Parking and Transit Services can also arrange the use of T Buses and Vans to support an Event). Visit the Special Parking Request page for more information.
- The Large Event Policy applies to events or programs meeting 1 of the following criteria:
- Outdoor events or programs for which 500 or more persons are reasonably anticipated to attend;
- Indoor social events or programs generally defined as a large crowd/high impact, interactive activities that may include a dance, party, concert, performance or overnight event;
- Overnight events or programs held either indoors or outdoors; and/or
- Concerts and/or performances held either indoors or outdoors.
- Read the Large Event Policy for more information.
- 5K and other Running/Walk Events require route approval from the UTPD. Contact Lt. Ralph Moles at 974-6282 or firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate requirements of the UTPD.
- Amplified sound is not permitted during class times, due to proximity to classrooms and the library.