What is a Student Organization Advisor?
A Student Organization Advisor is a University of Tennessee faculty or staff member who serves in an advising capacity for a registered student organization.
What are the expectations of a Student Organization Advisor?
- Be involved in the student organization and available for students to meet with for guidance and in case of emergencies
- Be familiar with the student organization’s mission, goals, budget, and student leadership
- Help protect the student organization’s public image by ensuring that students understand how to represent the organization
What are the benefits of serving as a Student Organization Advisor?
Benefits for the Student Organization Advisor:
- Mentoring experience makes you even better at your profession
- Opportunity to build professional relationships for networking
- Allows you to become more effective in communication and feedback
Benefits for the Student Organization Members:
- Members gain knowledge from experienced mentor
- Advisors facilitate group forming and goal setting
- Advisors help students understand group differences and work through them
How do I become a Student Organization Advisor?
If you are interested in becoming a Student Organization Advisor, please complete the Student Organization Advisor Interest Form.
Who do I contact if I have questions, comments, or concerns?
Please contact Kat Waxstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.