Annually, student organizations are required to re-register with the Center for Student Engagement to maintain their active status on campus. The annual renewal process is open now and the priority deadline is 11:59 PM on May 10th, 2019. The re-registration form will close on VOLink for all organizations at 11:59 PM on August 13th, 2019. If your organization does not re-new with the Center for Student Engagement by the deadline, and attend the mandatory Student Organization Conference your organization will be marked inactive. If the organization is inactive, you will be unable to reserve rooms on campus, access funding, or have access to all of the benefits of being a registered student organization.
Student Organization Conference at Knoxville
As part of the 2019-2020 Annual Renewal Process, the President or Organization Leader will be required to attend an the Student Organization Conference at Knoxville on August 20th, 2019 from 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM. This conference will provide you and your organization with the essential information for leading your organization such as, campus policies and procedures, budgeting and funding, VOLink, recruitment and retention, diversity and inclusion, and more. To get a free T-shirt and choose your lunch, you must re-register your organization on VOLink and RSVP for the conference by the priority deadline of May 10th, 2019. If you do not register by the priority deadline, you still must re-register and RSVP for the conference before August 13, 2019 to remain an organization, but you are not guaranteed a t-shirt or the lunch of your choice. CLICK HERE or on the graphic to RSVP.
Your student organization will be required to upload an updated Constitution/By-Laws. The Constitution/By-Laws must include the University of Tennessee’s Non-Discrimination Policy as well as a financial statement outlining where an organization’s money goes in the event of dissolution. The Non-Discrimination statement should read exactly as: “Membership is open to all students, and faculty/staff members where appropriate, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.” Constitution/By-Laws which do not include the Non-Discrimination Policy and the financial statement will be denied. For an example of a correct constitution, utilize the constitution writing guide. If your organization is a part of a National Organization, you may be required to create “local” by-laws to include the Non-Discrimination Policy and financial statement. Finally, Social Greek organizations are not required to re-register with the Center for Student Engagement or attend the conference as they covered by the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
Follow the Steps Below to complete re-registration for the 2019-2020 Academic Year:
- Student Organizations will complete the Re-Registration form on VOlink. A re-registration button will pop-up on the homepage of your organization. To access the form, follow the steps below:
- Log Onto VOLink by going to volink.utk.edu
- Search your Organization Name in the Search Box on the Top of the page
- Select the Organization, once on the Main Organization Page, select “Manage Organization” on the top-right
- There will be a blue link stating: “Re-Register This Organization”, this link will take you to the Re-Registration Form. An example of what this step looks like is to the right.
- You must RSVP to the MANDATORY Student Organization Conference on August 20th, 2019 from 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Your organization will not be approved until AFTER you attend the conference. The president or a leader in the organization MUST attend, but multiple members of the organization are encouraged to RSVP. You must RSVP by the priority deadline of May 10, 2019 to be guaranteed a t-shirt and the lunch of your choice. RSVP HERE.
- Attend the conference with members of you organization!
- Once you have completed the form, and attended the conference your organization will be officially approved after August 20th, 2019.
Have questions about re-registration?
Contact Kiley Coster at email@example.com or Katie Galyon at firstname.lastname@example.org.