If a student organization fails to complete the annual re-registration between January and May, they will become inactive and be removed from the registered student organization list. They will have no rights as a registered student organization at the University of Tennessee.
If an organization is inactive for over a year, the organization will be disabled and considered dissolved. This will result in any organization funds being donated to the group outlined in the organization’s constitution. If the organization has not selected a specific group to receive these funds, they will be donated to the University of Tennessee General Fund.
To reactivate an organization, please click the button at the bottom of the page. Once this form is submitted, the VOLink administrator will be notified. You may be required to provide further information before the re-activation is approved. Further required information may include (but is not limited to):
- Any information pertaining to the registration of an organization
- A meeting with the Coordinator for Student Engagement or Graduate Assistant
- An updated constitution
- A new advisor (must be full-time faculty or staff)
- A new president/acting president
- A roster of 10 students supporting the reactivation (NetIds Required)
Once a re-activation is submitted, a reactivated student organization will have to complete a re-registration